Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Young Living Essential Oils vs. Morton's Neuroma

I was in the final stages of rebuilding our new home after Hurricane Katrina when the first signs of Morton's Neuroma hit.

I was wearing flip flops on the job site because I had only light work to accomplish on this particularly hot day in New Orleans. I remember kneeling down to look at some color samples spread out on the floor when the pain in my right foot brought tears to my eyes. I didn't know what to think at the time, but being a nurse I started to assess my foot and the possible cause for this extreme pain I was feeling.

At first, upon visual inspection, I didn't think the flip flop was causing the problem because the little leather strap was between my big and second toe and the pain was definitely coming from my 3rd and 4th metatarsal region. When I physically touched where the pain was coming from I felt a knot. I gently massaged it with the only Young Living Essential Oil I had with me called PanAway. I was able, with great effort, to make it back to the apartment our family was renting to do some research on-line and in my nursing reference books.

I found, what I thought was the problem, and called a doctor friend of mine who came over and confirmed that it was in fact Morton's Neuroma. I researched my options for relieving the pain.

One option was Alcohol Sclerosing Injections. In this treatment, the doctor injects a small amount of alcohol in the area of the neuroma area to help harden (sclerose) the nerve and relieve the pain. Injections are given every 7–10 days and, in many cases, 4–7 injections are needed for maximum relief. This type of conservative treatment does not work for most and minor surgery is usually necessary.

None of these options were for me. So I went to my Essential Oil Desk Reference and found an oil for inflammation, nerves and pain. I chose Deep Relief roll-on, PanAway, Helichrysum and lemongrass.

I applied each of these oils every time I felt pain which in the beginning felt like every 15 minutes. The application of the Deep Relief roll-on felt euphoric on my foot. I stayed off of my foot as much as possible (with four children under 9 that wasn't easy) and kept it elevated.

I experienced a noticeable difference the next day and continued to improve everyday after. I had no signs or symptoms of Morton's Neuroma after 3 days of using the Young Living Essential Oils.

If you know anyone who is experiencing the horrible pain associated with Morton's Neuroma please tell them about this testimonial and they will thank you tremendously. I've since heard of people suffering with this condition for years. If you would like more information please feel free. Follow the link on www.ChooseLivingYoung.com

6 comments:

  1. I know this was several years ago, but my mom's suffers terribly with a Morton's Neuroma and has for years with no treatment working. My question is did you use all of the essential oils you referred to or was the Deep Relief the main oil you used? Can you describe what you did exactly? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. where exactly did you place the oils? On top and bottom of foot right on the neuroma?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm using the oils now for the foot pain. I massage it over the op of my foot by toes and also under the bottom from the ball of foot and even the toes which are arthritic. I have used geranium oil and lemongrass mich improvement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing Jessica.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any updates on this topic? I am new to using oils, and am currently experiencing this problem in both feet; very debilitating and depressing. I just completed 6 weeks recovery from stress fractures so this showed up just in time to keep me side-lined from walking or other exercises I usually enjoy. Thx for any advice.

    ReplyDelete